Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I've got some bananas


Do you have this problem? A freezer full of bananas waiting for a new life. I just cleaned out a few of 8 frozen bananas that are starting to take over the freezer. Now I can smell the wonderful banana bread in the oven. It is Elaine's recipe I think (great-aunt) - yum. I usually make muffins with the recipe, and the first time I made bread...oh it was all wrong. I took the bread out of the oven after a half hour, thinking it looked a bit pale, but that was my usually baking time, so I turned it over on a cooling rack and lifted the pan. Unfortunately the middle was the only part that came out - still raw, laying in a pile on the counter, oozing between the rack. It was late, so I impatiently put what was left in the pan back in the oven and waited...10 minutes, 15 minutes...checking too often...Finally, I had to resolve that my attempt was a failure and go to bed. Lessons learned - bread pan takes longer than muffins and don't start baking at 10:30 pm.

No comments: