Saturday, April 11, 2009

Virtual Quilting BEE



So we are working on this quilt...

Here is the block using the small floral with two borders (gold and floral). And the sashing in-between is creamy. Its ok - I think the floral detracts from the center on the individual blocks.

If we used the dark orange on half of the blocks in place of the bright blue (seeing it in pictures makes me want it to be brighter, so maybe CA and I need to look for something else)...it would give a different "POP" to balance. We would have warm and cool blocks mixed together. I think this solves the issue of getting two dark, which was happening a lot. (as in below)


ps...after looking again, I almost don't want to use that pink in the second picture, and just use really light fabrics besides the orange/blue and center.

2 comments:

JP said...

I think the printed border fabric would work as the border withoug it being in the blocks - don't really like it in the blocks.

See my email for another picture.

JP

JP said...

Yet more ideas - I think that darker pink works if it's not in the same block as the blue and orange. If Mom and I use the pink, CA & M use an orange (agreeing with Marie that it may need to be a different one) and we all use some blue.

Would the darker gold color with the leaf pattern work as the sashing? (it's the one that I bought in GM - could be something different but that basic color as it would pull in the flowered border)

JP