Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Worst Blogger EVER!!!

 It doesn't surprise me one bit that I can't keep up with this whole blogging gig. After all, I was the student (throughout both high school and college) that would write 20 journal entries the hour before they were due for a class that required a daily current event journal. Here are a few fun facts though....

Things I've learned since being laid off...
- The support of a family is priceless! 
- I'm going to stop being a pseudo-vegetarian and just do it. 
- I do enjoy reading for fun and have finished 3 books already since Christmas. (I don't think I finished 3 books in all of last year:)
- As long as I have running shoes I don't need a therapist. Some days my mind goes crazy with so many thoughts and ideas running through it. I have found that the one thing that totally clears my mind and brings new perspective and energy to my goals and aspiration is lacing up my running shoes and hitting the treadmill for a good 50-60 minutes. When I finish it's like I've sweat out all the worries and crap that weigh me down throughout the day, and now have new energy to bring to my so called life. 
- I am really thinking about travel nursing. I work in a profession that allows awesome abilities to travel around the country and even world, so why not do it. Of course this is all contingent on life and where it takes me in a year or so. However, the idea of being in California during January next year is nice when I sit and warm up my car in -20 degree weather:(
- I have dreams and will never stop working to get where I want to go, even if it means having to be patient (which I have realized I am terrible at). 

1 comment:

JP said...

Kelly you will get to your goals because you always have.

I appreciate the comment about as long as you have running shoes you don't need a therapist. When I was in high school and college the best thing for dealing with "issues" was a ride on Smokey. My Dad always said "It's OK to talk to your horse and long an he doesn't talk back"