Sunday, October 19, 2008

Naomi

Yesterday, we closed our cabin for the winter.

One of the great things about living in the North, is seasons. I like moving on to a new season. Lets wax my skis! I probably don't look forward to winter as much as I do to the melting of the ice, so we can return to our island in the spring.

This picture is a rock sculpture in my flower garden. Her name is Naomi, and I put her in charge. She is an angel, and watches over our island.

I am always pensive about life and health when we leave for the winter. What if I never got back? When do people start getting old? My next birthday starts with a 6! I still water ski (on one) every summer just to say I still can. I walk my 18 holes, and I can kayak for miles. I think "old" is just a state of mind.

No comments: