Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Project Kelly"



So, it's not perfect by far, and grandma would just die if she saw some of my creative touches to make the seams and fit work. However, I MADE A DRESS!! Ok more like a Halloween costume, but it has a zipper, pleats on top and bottom, and is lined on the inside. Of course the zipper was an absolute nightmare (which you can see on the front of the dress). I also fitted the dress too tight so it is kinda like the jaws of life to get it on and off past my shoulders. But at the end of the day.... I MADE A DRESS!! Even without a pattern or my mom to finish it for me (which would have been super helpful). I couldn't help but think all day how lucky I was too. Out of all my friends I am the only one that has been past down the skills of sewing and knitting. Maybe they just aren't interested in these old fashioned skills like me but what a shame. I had a great day today, sewing a dress:)

No comments: